Enabling an economic environment that creates opportunity for citizens, families and communities, and encourages investment, innovation and effective resource management to grow a prosperous NSW.
This category includes programs, initiatives, innovations or improvements that:
- Grow Sydney’s diverse economy and increase our capacity to create jobs and build industries of tomorrow
- Connect people and places with infrastructure investments and land use planning that improves productivity, safety and reliability, and supports population growth and technological innovation
- Maintain economic competitiveness by developing the State’s resources so that they are reliable, affordable and sustainable
- Build a better NSW, with opportunities for people to get ahead and to ensure that future generations enjoy a better quality of living.
Innovation and outstanding delivery
- Initiative shown by the team in identifying the potential for improvement to systems or service provision to the people of NSW.
- Evidence of innovation in responding to a problem, opportunity, or new policy, and in the delivery of the project.
- Commitment to public sector values, leadership, collaboration, excellent customer focus, stakeholder engagement
- perseverance and dedication throughout project to ensure success.
- Was the project completed on time and within budget?
Benefits and results
- How well did the work improve systems, services or outcomes for the people of NSW?
- How did the project or initiative contribute to targets/goals? Evidence of tangible results, showing your benchmarks and improvements (percentages and numbers).
- Is the project or initiative transferable or scalable, could it be adapted for other types of projects or organisations? For smaller projects or initiatives where the impact/reach might be smaller or targeted, transferability and scalability will weigh in when these initiatives are being comparing against larger projects with a broader impact/reach.
Above and beyond
- Did the team go above and beyond their normal duties?
- Does the work succeed where others have failed?
- Is the project or initiative transferable or scalable, could it be adapted for other types of projects or organisations? Or, has the work been extended or applied in other areas of or outside of the organisation?