The NSW Public Servant of the Year Award is awarded to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary work and outstanding leadership in the NSW Government.
Innovation and design
- Initiative shown by the individual in identifying the potential for improvement to systems or service provision to the public.
- Evidence of innovation in responding to a problem, opportunity, or new policy, and in the delivery of the project.
- Commitment to public sector values, leadership, collaboration, excellent customer focus and stakeholder engagement.
- Perseverance and dedication throughout the project to ensure success.
Benefits and results
- Evidence of how the individual effectively contributed to, initiated and/or lead the overall success of a project or initiative.
- Evidence of how well their work improved systems, services or outcomes for the people of NSW.
- Did the individual optimise opportunities, engage stakeholders effectively and manage risks or issues?
Above and beyond
- Did the individual go above and beyond their normal duties or in a project or initiative?
- Did the individual demonstrate commitment to public sector values including excellent collaboration, customer focus, stakeholder management and leadership?
- Did the individual exceed expectations for the work to succeed?