Listening and responding to the needs of our citizens through customer focused service delivery. Delivering improved outcomes for the citizens of NSW by designing services around their needs.
This category includes programs, initiatives, innovations or improvements that:
- Use data and technology to better integrate government services
- Improve the delivery of digital government services to drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- Re-design how citizens interact with schools, hospitals and social services
- Help reduce red tape
- Services that are have been transformed and are accessible to all citizens
- Simplify and deliver measures to manage the cost of living for each citizen
- Improve the delivery of services in extraordinary conditions for all its citizens.
Innovation and outstanding delivery
- Initiative shown by the team in identifying the potential for improvement to systems or service provision to the people of NSW.
- Evidence of innovation in responding to a problem, opportunity, or new policy, and in the delivery of the project.
- Commitment to public sector values, leadership, collaboration, excellent customer focus, stakeholder engagement
- perseverance and dedication throughout project to ensure success.
- Was the project completed on time and within budget?
Benefits and results
- How well did the work improve systems, services or outcomes for the people of NSW?
- How did the project or initiative contribute to targets/goals? Evidence of tangible results, showing your benchmarks and improvements (percentages and numbers).
- Is the project or initiative transferable or scalable, could it be adapted for other types of projects or organisations? For smaller projects or initiatives where the impact/reach might be smaller or targeted, transferability and scalability will weigh in when these initiatives are being comparing against larger projects with a broader impact/reach.
Above and beyond
- Did the team go above and beyond their normal duties?
- Does the work succeed where others have failed?
- Is the project or initiative transferable or scalable, could it be adapted for other types of projects or organisations? Or, has the work been extended or applied in other areas of or outside of the organisation?