Responding to the urgent needs of citizens and supporting communities across the State to recover and rebuild in the wake of devastating natural disasters and a global pandemic.
This category includes programs/initiatives/innovations/improvements that:
- Deploy, scale, and deliver emergency services to the needs of different communities
- Tailor relief services to those who are experiencing displacement and trauma and helping them on their journey of recovery
- Showcase outstanding rapid responses and recovery efforts to help communities and their environments
- Support workers and industries impacted by the crisis
- Provide disaster relief to boost industries and small businesses, and revive regional and urban communities
- Support the recovery of vital natural resources, habitats and the biodiversity of rural ecosystems
- Provide recovery programs to help restore damaged infrastructure.
Innovation and outstanding delivery
- Initiative shown by the team in identifying the potential for improvement to systems or service provision to the people of NSW.
- Evidence of innovation in responding to a problem, opportunity, or new policy, and in the delivery of the project.
- Commitment to public sector values, leadership, collaboration, excellent customer focus, stakeholder engagement
- perseverance and dedication throughout project to ensure success.
- Was the project completed on time and within budget?
Benefits and results
- How well did the work improve systems, services or outcomes for the people of NSW?
- How did the project or initiative contribute to targets/goals? Evidence of tangible results, showing your benchmarks and improvements (percentages and numbers).
- Is the project or initiative transferable or scalable, could it be adapted for other types of projects or organisations? For smaller projects or initiatives where the impact/reach might be smaller or targeted, transferability and scalability will weigh in when these initiatives are being comparing against larger projects with a broader impact/reach.
Above and beyond
- Did the team go above and beyond their normal duties?
- Does the work succeed where others have failed?
- Is the project or initiative transferable or scalable, could it be adapted for other types of projects or organisations? Or, has the work been extended or applied in other areas of or outside of the organisation?